Looking to escape the UK’s autumn chill? The allure of adventure tugging at your wanderlust?
If it’s been a while since your last holiday, or you simply crave a break from the routine, September offers a fantastic opportunity.
Whether it’s a tropical paradise, a cultural odyssey, or an adrenaline-pumping adventure, we’ve got your back with some of the best places to go in September.
So, let’s dive into some of the best places to visit in September and make this autumn truly unforgettable!
Best places to soak up the September sun
- Day temperatures range from 26°C to 30°C. During the evenings, temperatures get as low as 19°C.
- Dry season.
- The travel time from the UK to Greece is approximately 3 hours by plane.
- Greece is 2 hours ahead of the UK during September( GMT+2).
Why visit Dodecanese in September?
Looking for a warm escape from the UK this autumn? Greece offers an unforgettable late-summer getaway.
Greece basks in year-round sunshine, and September brings the best of both worlds. From beachside relaxation to thrilling adventures, Greece offers an unforgettable experience.
Let’s discover more about Greece in September:
- Explore the ancient city of Rhodes: Wander through the cobbled streets of the medieval Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and discover ancient temples. Don’t miss the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes and the stunning Street of the Knights.
- Relax on pristine beaches: Visit Tsambika Beach in Rhodes for its golden sands and crystal-clear waters. Alternatively, explore less-visited gems like Agios Pavlos Beach on the island of Karpathos.
- Hike the rugged landscapes: On Karpathos, trek the hiking trails that lead to the remote beaches. It offers an authentic taste of Greek island life.
In Greece, the euro is the official currency. Get your euros online today with Manor FX for a quick, hassle-free service. We’re here to make sure you have your travel money ready for your Greek adventure.
- Day temperatures are around 30°C. During the evenings and nights, temperatures drop to around 24°C.
- Dry season.
- The travel time from the UK to Barbados is approximately 8 hours by plane.
- Barbados is 4 hours behind the UK during September (GMT-4).
Why visit Barbados in September?
Barbados is a splendid destination to visit in September.
Barbados offers a quieter and budget-friendly experience for travellers. With fewer crowds during the off-peak season, you can explore attractions, beaches, and restaurants at your own pace.
Discover the highlights of a Barbados getaway in September:
- Beach paradise: Sunbathe on the soft sands or try water sports like snorkelling and paddleboarding. The island’s beaches provide the perfect backdrop for a leisurely day by the sea.
- Cultural festivals: Be sure to catch Crop Over, the island’s biggest and most colourful festival. It features lively music, dancing, and a grand carnival parade.
- Historical exploration: Consider a trip to St. Nicholas Abbey, a beautifully preserved plantation house with a rum distillery. George Washington House, where a young George Washington stayed, is also a fascinating historical site.
The official currency of Barbados is the Barbados dollar. Order your travel money today with Manor FX and get free delivery on orders over £750.
- Day temperatures are between 26°C to 32°C. During the night, temperatures can drop to as low as 23°C.
- September is the start of the wet season.
- The travel time from the UK to Indonesia is approximately 15 hours by plane.
- Indonesia is 7 hours ahead of the UK during September (GMT+7)
Why visit Indonesia in September?
Visiting Indonesia in September offers a unique travel experience.
September is filled with vibrant cultural celebrations and the chance to enjoy popular destinations with fewer tourists.
Whether you’re drawn to the stunning beaches of Bali or the natural wonders of Java, Indonesia offers a memorable travel experience.
Here are a few of the best places to explore in Indonesia in September:
- Bali beach bliss: Relax on the sandy shores of iconic beaches like Kuta, Seminyak, or Uluwatu. You can also indulge in water sports such as surfing or scuba diving in Bali’s crystal-clear waters.
- Cultural immersion in Yogyakarta: Visit the magnificent Prambanan Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Take the time to explore the awe-inspiring Borobudur Temple, the largest Buddhist temple in the world.
- Jungle trekking in Sumatra: September is an excellent time to explore the lush rainforests of Sumatra. Head to Bukit Lawang, a gateway to Gunung Leuser National Park, home to orangutans and diverse wildlife.
The Indonesian rupiah is the official currency of Indonesia. Save a trip to the post office and order your travel money conveniently online with Manor FX!
Best places to go in September for sight-seeing
- The temperatures in September can vary depending on the region you visit. In major cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka, you can expect daytime temperatures between 26°C to 30°C. During the evenings and nights, temperatures drop to around 19°C.
- Dry season.
- The travel time from the UK to Japan is approximately 11 hours by plane.
- Japan is 8 hours ahead of the UK during September (GMT+8).
Quick reminder: The mountainous and northern regions of Japan experience cooler temperatures.
Why visit Japan in September?
Japan is a captivating destination and shines bright in September.
Japan offers a rich cultural experience with festivals and the start of the beautiful autumn foliage season. Let’s delve into the top 3 things to do on your Japanese adventure!
- Witness the spectacle of autumn foliage: September marks the beginning of Japan’s stunning autumn foliage season. Kyoto’s temples and parks, especially the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove and Tofuku-ji Temple, offer some of the most picturesque autumn views.
- Participate in festivals: Japan is known for its vibrant festivals. Don’t miss the Kishiwada Danjiri Festival in Osaka. Massive wooden floats race through the streets. Attend the Nebuta Matsuri in Aomori, featuring illuminated paper lantern floats.
- Explore nature: Hike in the Japanese Alps and visit the stunning Nikko National Park. Or relax in an onsen (hot spring) in the picturesque town of Hakone.
The Japanese yen is the official currency of Japan. Remember to get your currency sorted before you travel with Manor FX’s quick and easy online service.
- Day temperatures are between 20°C to 25°C. During the night, temperatures can drop to as low as 10°C.
- September can offer a mix of sunny and rainy days.
- The travel time from the UK to Romania is approximately 4 hours by plane.
- Romania is 2 hours ahead of the UK during September (GMT+2)
Why visit Transylvania in September?
Visiting Transylvania in September offers a captivating experience for travellers.
Enjoy outdoor adventures, discover historic castles, and immerse yourself in local traditions without the crowds. September in Transylvania promises a delightful journey into the heart of Romania’s cultural and natural wonders.
Let’s explore some of the top things to do on your Transylvanian adventure!
- Visit Bran Castle: Often associated with the legend of Dracula, Bran Castle is an iconic attraction in Transylvania. Explore this historic fortress’s mysterious corridors and rooms, set against a backdrop of stunning mountain scenery.
- Hike in the Carpathian mountains: September offers pleasant weather for outdoor activities. Take a hike in the Carpathian Mountains, where you can discover picturesque trails, lush forests, and pristine lakes.
- Explore Sibiu: Visit the charming city of Sibiu, known for its well-preserved medieval architecture. Stroll through the cobblestone streets of the Old Town and visit the Brukenthal National Museum.
The Romanian lei is the official currency of Romania. At Manor FX, we offer great exchange rates and sell more currencies than anywhere else. So make sure to get your Romanian lei today!
USA (San Francisco)
- Day temperatures range from 17°C to 24°C. During the evenings, temperatures get as low as 11°C.
- Dry season
- The travel time from the UK to San Francisco is approximately 11 hours by plane.
- San Francisco is 8 hours behind the UK during September (GMT-8)
Why visit San Fransico in September?
Thinking of a late-summer retreat? San Francisco is the perfect place to visit in September.
Discover why this charming city on the West Coast of the United States is a must-visit in the autumn. Enjoy pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and a range of exciting activities.
Let’s explore the highlights of a San Francisco vacation in September:
- Golden Gate Park exploration: Visit the California Academy of Sciences. It’s home to a planetarium, aquarium, and a natural history museum all under one roof. Stroll through the Japanese Tea Garden and the Conservatory of Flowers, a Victorian-era greenhouse showcasing exotic plants.
- Alcatraz island adventure: Take a ferry ride to Alcatraz Island. The views of San Francisco’s skyline from Alcatraz are breathtaking, especially during the mild September evenings.
- Wine country excursion: San Francisco is a gateway to the famous wine regions of Napa Valley and Sonoma County. In September, these regions come alive with grape harvest season. You can visit and sample exquisite wines while enjoying the vineyard landscapes.
The official currency of San Franciso is the US dollar. Order your dollars today with Manor FX. We offer the convenience of getting your currency delivered straight to your doorstep!
Best places to go in September for outdoor adventures
South Africa (Namaqualand)
- Day temperatures are between 18°C to 25°C. During the night, temperatures can drop to as low as 15°C.
- Dry season.
- The travel time from the UK to South Africa is approximately 11 hours by plane.
- South Africa is 1 hour ahead of the UK during September (GMT+1)
Why visit Namaqualand in September?
Namaqualand beckons travellers in September with its enchanting natural display.
It’s the perfect time for outdoor adventures amidst the blooming flora. Whether you’re a photography enthusiast or simply seeking a unique and captivating getaway, Namaqualand has something for everyone.
Let’s explore some of the picturesque places Namaqualand offers:
- Wildflower safari: September is peak wildflower season. Take a guided safari through renowned flower reserves like the Skilpad Wildflower Reserve and Goegap Nature Reserve. Witness the landscape come alive with countless wildflowers!
- Hiking and photography: Namaqualand offers excellent hiking opportunities, and September provides pleasant weather for exploring its rugged terrain. The Richtersveld Transfrontier Park is a fantastic option for hikers and photographers alike.
- Cultural experiences: Explore historic towns like Springbok and Kamieskroon. You can immerse yourself in the local culture of the Nama people and sample traditional cuisine.
When visiting Namaqualand, you’ll be using the South African rand. Get your travel money sorted today with Manor FX before you fly out!
- Day temperatures are between 25°C to 30°C. During the night, temperatures can drop to as low as 15°C.
- Dry season.
- The travel time from the UK to Turkey is approximately 4.5 hours by plane.
- Turkey is 2 hours ahead of the UK during September (GMT+2)
Why visit Turkey in September?
Visiting Turkey in September, you’ll be in a Goldilocks zone of temperatures, perfect for outdoor adventures and sightseeing.
From the bustling streets of Istanbul to the ancient ruins of Ephesus, September provides an ideal opportunity to explore Turkey.
Whether you’re a history enthusiast or a food lover, Turkey in September promises an unforgettable journey.
Let’s delve into the top things to do in Turkey in September:
- Explore the ancient ruins of Ephesus: Walk through the impressive Library of Celsus and admire the Grand Theater. Immerse yourself in the rich history of this archaeological gem.
- Relax on the Turkish Riviera: Head to the stunning coastal town of Antalya. Enjoy the pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and a wide range of water sports and activities.
- Discover Istanbul’s rich culture: Explore the vibrant city’s iconic landmarks, such as the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace. September provides a comfortable climate for walking tours and Bosphorus cruises.
You’ll need to take some Turkish lira when you travel to Turkey. At Manor FX, we offer fantastic rates and a hassle-free way to get your travel money.
- Day temperatures are between 18°C to 24°C. During the night, temperatures can drop to as low as 10°C.
- Dry season.
- The travel time from the UK to Argentina is approximately 13 hours by plane.
- Argentina is 4 hours behind the UK during September (GMT-4)
Why visit Argentina in September?
September is a fantastic time to explore the captivating beauty of Argentina.
From the bustling streets of Buenos Aires to the breathtaking landscapes of Patagonia, Argentina is a unique getaway.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, a culture seeker, or a food lover, Argentina has something special for every traveller.
Discover why Argentina should be your top cultural destination in September:
- Tango in Buenos Aires: Embrace the passionate rhythm of the tango in the birthplace of this dance. Attend a tango show or take a lesson to immerse yourself in Argentina’s iconic cultural experience.
- Witness the Gaucho spirit: September is a perfect time to explore the Argentine countryside and witness the Gaucho culture. Head to estancias (ranches) in Cordoba or San Antonio de Areco to see authentic gaucho traditions, including horseback riding and folkloric festivals.
- Wine tasting in Mendoza: September marks the beginning of the grape harvest season in Mendoza, Argentina’s renowned wine region. Take a wine tour and indulge in tastings at local vineyards.
Remember to order your Argentine pesos from Manor FX before you travel. This ensures you have the local currency as soon as you land!
As we conclude our exploration of the best countries to visit in September, it’s clear that this month presents a rich tapestry of travel experiences.
Whether you’re seeking the warmth of the sun in Greece, the cultural immersion of Japan or the history of Transylvania, September opens the door to a world of diverse travel experiences.
So, pack your bags and embark on an autumn adventure to create lasting memories! And remember, Manor FX is here to ensure you have the right currency for your travels. We offer convenience and great exchange rates.
Here’s a list of some great destinations for a hot holiday in September:
Greece: The Greek Islands, including Santorini, Mykonos, and Crete, offer pleasant weather with warm temperatures and sunshine.
Spain: Visit places like Ibiza, Mallorca, or the Costa del Sol for a mix of beach relaxation and vibrant nightlife.
Turkey: The Turkish Riviera along the Mediterranean coast provides ideal sunbathing and water sports conditions.
Italy: The Amalfi Coast and Sicily offer stunning landscapes, historic towns, and warm Mediterranean waters.
Croatia: Explore the Adriatic coast with its picturesque towns, crystal-clear waters, and pleasant temperatures.
Cyprus: Enjoy the sunny weather and beautiful beaches of this Mediterranean island.
Malta: September is a great time to explore the historic sites and charming villages while enjoying warm weather.
Morocco: Visit Marrakech or the coastal city of Essaouira for a mix of culture and sunshine.
Thailand: Head to Phuket, Koh Samui, or Krabi islands for beautiful beaches and tropical vibes.
Bali, Indonesia: Experience the beauty of Bali with its lush landscapes, cultural attractions, and warm climate.
These destinations offer a combination of beautiful landscapes, cultural experiences, and warm weather for a fantastic holiday in September.
September is a fantastic time for a beach holiday in various beautiful destinations. Here are some great options:
The Maldives: With its stunning overwater bungalows and clear turquoise waters, the Maldives is a perfect choice.
Bali, Indonesia: Bali’s beaches, such as Kuta, Seminyak, and Uluwatu, offer excellent surfing, relaxation, and vibrant nightlife.
Greek Islands: Greece boasts numerous islands like Santorini, Mykonos, and Crete. Known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and charming villages.
Sardinia, Italy: Enjoy the Mediterranean charm of Sardinia with its sandy beaches, clear waters, and delicious Italian cuisine.
The Algarve, Portugal: Portugal’s southern coast, the Algarve, is famous for its golden beaches, warm climate, and picturesque cliffs.
Cancun, Mexico: Cancun’s pristine beaches, water sports, and vibrant nightlife make it a popular destination for a September beach holiday.
Maui, Hawaii: Hawaii’s second-largest island offers stunning beaches, volcanic landscapes, and a wide range of outdoor activities.
Barbados: September is the start of the dry season in Barbados. It’s an ideal time to enjoy its beautiful beaches and vibrant culture.
Phuket, Thailand: Phuket’s beaches, including Patong, Kata, and Karon, provide a mix of relaxation, water activities, and nightlife.
Fiji: The islands of Fiji offer white sandy beaches, clear waters, and excellent diving and snorkelling opportunities.
These destinations offer a variety of beach experiences, from relaxation to adventure, making them perfect for a beach holiday in September.
In Europe, some of the hottest destinations in September include:
Southern Spain: Places like Seville, Cordoba, and Malaga can still be quite hot in September, with temperatures often exceeding 30°C.
Greek Islands: Islands like Crete, Rhodes, and Santorini continue to enjoy warm weather in September. Temperatures are in the high 20s to low 30s°C..
Sicily, Italy: Sicily offers warm and sunny weather in September, making it an ideal destination for those seeking Mediterranean charm.
Cyprus: This Mediterranean island experiences hot and dry weather in September, with temperatures often reaching the mid-30s°C.
Malta: Malta remains warm in September, making it a great choice for beachgoers and history enthusiasts.
Lisbon, Portugal: The Portuguese capital enjoys pleasant temperatures with highs in the mid-20s.
Croatian coast: Cities along the Croatian coast, such as Dubrovnik and Split, offer warm and sunny conditions for beach lovers.
Ibiza, Spain: This famous party island still sizzles in September, with warm temperatures and lively nightlife.
Majorca, Spain: Majorca continues to be hot and sunny in September, attracting tourists with its beautiful beaches.
Athens, Greece: The capital enjoys warm weather in September, making it an excellent time to explore its historical sites.
These destinations offer a combination of hot weather and diverse attractions, making them perfect for a late summer vacation in Europe.